We are focused on safety every day
Safety is less expensive than the alternative
- Leading the industry with 12 Golden Gate Safety awards
- Mandatory fall protection equipment
- Consistent and constant training
- Personal certifications and evaluations
Operational and Safety Excellence
Because our employees spend their workday 15+ feet off of the ground, our commitment to installer safety training is as solid as the roofs and solar systems that we build.
Preventing accidents and ensuring the safest possible working conditions – both for our employees and our customers- remain priorities across all Solar4America divisions.
Our worker training on safety protocols mitigates work-related injury claims and provides our employees with a safe and effective work environment, allowing Solar4America to control risk-associated costs over the long term and reinvest those savings into additional worker training to maintain our continual operational and safety excellence.
Setting an Excellent Example
“I wanted to take a moment to thank you for setting an outstanding example in safety and housekeeping. Over the past 4 months your team has been recognized 3 times on our Shea jobs for performing over and above in safety. From all of us at Shea we wish to extend congratulations, appreciation and thanks for all that you do. Keep up the good work!”
– Shea Homes, an American Homebuilding Company
Mandated Fall Protection and Training since 2002
We have mandated fall protection for all field workers and workplace safety training since 2002. Solar4America consistently exceeds Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements and is the recipient of several Golden Gate SAFETY Awards.
Solar4America maintains Worker’s Compensation, general liability and automobile insurance for its operations throughout the country. A copy of our certificate of insurance is registered with the contractors’ license boards in the states in which we do business; it also can be provided at the customer’s request.
A Clear Leader
Solar4America’s safety policy and procedures address the following topics:
- Code of Safe Practices
- OSHA regulations and OSHA job site inspections, including OSHA10 & OSHA30
- Mandatory fall protection and PPE
- Hazard communication
- Respirator protection
- Emergency Action Plan and fire prevention
- Safe access to work areas
- Assured Grounding Program (GFCI) and electrical hazards
- Lock-out/Tag-out procedures
- Physical hazards, such as heat/cold stress and loud noise
Solar4America’s focus on safety extends beyond our own workforce; our efforts have earned us state and federal recognition and participation in important injury and illness prevention campaigns:
- 6 Cal OSHA Golden Gate Partnership Awards – more than any other roofing contractor
- Partnered with Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health (ADOSH) to promote conventional fall protection standards throughout the state’s construction industry
- Pioneer participant in U.S CDC’s National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) case study for respiratory protection from silica dust
- Leader and volunteer for NIOSH case study for fall protection feasibility in residential construction